MTB’s employment lawyers have been involved in a number of leading cases in Northern Ireland in what is a particularly complex and ever changing area of law. The firm has vast experience delivering comprehensive advice on all aspects of employment law. We are regularly instructed in class actions but have a thriving practice which offers bespoke advice to individuals across all industries, the public and the private sector.
We appreciate that our clients value their employment and our expertise is regularly utilised to ensure that jobs are maintained and that our clients’ rights are not infringed. The firm represented the successful claimant in the recent Court of Appeal case of Patterson v Castlereagh Borough Council. This particular case involved the inclusion of overtime payments in employers’ calculation of their employees’ holiday pay and will serve to benefit employees throughout the United Kingdom.
Our expertise covers all areas of employment law including the provision of advice in relation to:
- reviewing and negotiating compromise agreements
- grievance procedures
- compliance with disciplinary procedures
- dismissal, redundancy and termination of employment
- post termination restrictions
- equal pay claims
- discrimination on the grounds of gender, religion, disability and sexual orientation
- parental rights
- recruitment procedures
- Transfer of Undertakings and the Protection of Employees (TUPE)