MIB explained


Would it seem a bit ‘alien’ if I told you that approximately £15-£30 of your motor insurance premium went to the MIB? No…..not to those guys, to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau!! Strangely, the Bureau may also be able to help if you are involved in an accident with a UFO….

 The Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) handles claims against untraced or uninsured vehicles in the UK. If you are involved in an accident with a driver who is uninsured, or a vehicle that leaves the scene, you may still be able to claim compensation.

 The MIB is required to pay compensation where a motor insurance policy should have been in place. The MIB can therefore pay compensation for property damage, injury or other financial loss arising from an accident with a motor vehicle on a road or public place. All UK motor insurers are required to contribute to the MIB, giving all drivers reassurance that there is a body to compensate victims in such situations. Not quite “galaxy defenders”, but still pretty useful!

 If you have been the victim of a ‘hit and run’ or if you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, we can advise you on whether you have a potential claim. If your claim is successful, the MIB will also pay any legal costs involved.

We have vast experience in dealing with claims against uninsured and untraced drivers. Our friendly solicitors can explain the process to you and advise on whether you have a potential claim. For advice on the MIB, speak to MTB!


 Now, let me help you get the MIB theme music out of your head…